When cool evenings follow a long hot day, one only wants to sit outdoors, enjoying the company of close friends and a meal that is equally soothing. This recipe will take you to the streets of Peshawar where this delicately flavoured meal will entice you to pull up a char-pai/takht, sit cross-legged and sip on the sweet kahva.
Peshawari Namkeen karhai is a simple and special dish.
- Leg of lamb 1 kg (small pieces)
- Salt to taste
- Green chili 5 (chopped)
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 4
- Lamb Fats as required
Salty Lamb Karahi Recipe
- Add fat of lamb and melt in skillet.
- Now add meat and salt and then cover and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Now add green chillies and tomatoes and again cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Then sprinkle black pepper and mix well.
Delicious salty lamb karahi is ready.
Serve hot with sliced Onion, Lemon and Naan.